Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sherlock Hemlock

Got an e-mail from the Diabolical Genius today. I've copied and will paste it:

Saw Sherlock Holmes movie. It was great. Highly recommend it.

Brief and to the point. That's our Ken!



Waitasec! Do I have the right picture here. Oh no. Wait. This is better. Here we go:


Edit: And this is why we love Ken! For his on-the-spot reviews!

On his word, I went and saw Sherlock Holmes last night, and I thought it was fantastic. Really enjoyed the interplay between Holmes and Watson. Rachel McAdams played Irene Adler very well. And the spin to make Holmes and Watson more physical instead of merely cerebral both modernized the characters and made for a more action-oriented film, which I enjoyed. Lastly, there was Holmes nemesis, Moriarty, lurking in the background for a possible sequel, and director Guy Ritchie did a swell job of keeping him in the background yet making him seem the most menacing and dangerous of all the villians.

So, two thumbs up for Sherlock Holmes from the guys at The Realm!

3 comments:

DougALug said...

I'd like to think that 'my word' helped too... lol.

God Bless
Doug

Rich said...

DOUG'S WORD HELPED, TOO!!!

Anonymous said...

Our family went to see it on opening day. Really enjoyed it! Sherlock Holmes in all his incarnations has long been a favorite of mine. (though Jeremy Brett is my fave)

WandaV