Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Song Posting

Obviously, anyone who has read this blog for some period of time knows that the music I'm usually most interested in, lyrically-speaking, is music that chronicles the human journey but often incorporates the spiritual (Christian) aspect. I don't listen to the radio that much, so I'm usually late coming across songs, and such is the case here - so you've probably heard the song. Nonetheless, I heard Carolina Liar's Show Me What I'm Looking For for the FIRST TIME last night, and I immediately thought I'd post it on the blog.

For me, the message is pretty simple. I'm all mixed up and messed up. I need the Lord. Don't know if that's the songwriter's (songwriters'?) message per se, but that's what I derived from it. And in general, that pretty much sums it up for me on my own human journey.



Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

DougALug said...

Nice song. Kind of reminds me of five for fighting.

I've never heard of this band.

God Bless
-Doug

Rich said...

The lead singer is, I believe, originally from Charleston, SC, where he was brought up in a strict Pentecostal faith. The five other guys in the band are all from Sweden - and there's an interesting story behind that.

A little Googling can tell you a lot!