Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Mallonee

Yonder Shines the Infant Light was at my doorway when I returned from my week-long vacation to San Diego. Awesome. Wonderful. Merry Christmas, Rich. I'd like to rave about the new songs and instrumentals, but either you're going to check it out for yourself, or you're not. Once again, you can read about the CD here or here. It really is a Christmas all year long type of CD; something you'd not want to store for eleven months and then retrieve with your Harry Connicks and Manheim Steamroller and Amy Grants and Mormon Tabarnacle Choir and Vienna Boys Choir Christmas CDs.

For the song quote of the week, I'll hit from an older tune, but it is on the Yonder CD.

Holy Mary, meek and mild, full of the Spirit, full with child.
You stumble around through the message each year,
so open these eyes open these ears.

I once knew a man who left town on the run,
he went looking for joy but joy didn't come.
So let Your name with praise be adorned,
sing angel choirs for Jesus is born.

-- Sing Angel Choirs, Bill Mallonee

And sing they did. I bet like never before. Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Diabolical Genius said...

Welcome back. Good luck in the championship tomorrow. We're doing our Christmas with the kids. I've done the best I could with the lineup given that everybody is hurt. I'm its just enough to clinch first-place loser.

Merry Christmas!!!

Rich said...

I think you're exactly right. Story of my life. Thanks for taking care of it. At least you tried.

Have an excellent Christmas with your family. God Bless and love.