Sunday, August 09, 2009

Dawn Treader Not Treading Water Anymore

After several delays and a switch from Disney to Fox distribution, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader has finally begun filming in Australia in the last few days. Walden's movie version of the next installment in C.S. Lewis' Narnia series has encountered some choppy waters but is slated for theaters December 10, 2010.

I love movies, books, AND C.S. Lewis! So, of course, I'm excited. If you love Narnia too, check out NarniaWeb.com. It contains several on-set pictures and continuing updates of casting news, script rumors, etc for the new movie.

Among other things, what we know so far is:

Michael Apted replaces Andrew Adamson as the Director

Caspian, Edmund, and Lucy will return as they should

Trumpkin and Dr. Cornelius will not return (It was rumored that they would return even though they aren't featured in the book)

Casting for Eustace, Lord Drinian and the missing Narnian Lords is being completed

Construction on the Dawn Treader itself is being completed and looks cool (see below)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to this movie. Wish it were coming out sooner.

WandaV

DougALug said...

Man, I can't wait! Hopefully it is really great!

God Bless
Doug

Rich said...

As a pre-teen, after reading the whole series, I remember saying that The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was my favorite in the Chronicles of Narnia series. Reading the series again in my 20s and again in my 30s, I moved to The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (probably because I wanted to fit in with the popular kids my age :)) and The Last Battle (because I just love the ending) as my favs with Dawn Treader just behind.

Nonetheless, if Walden gets this one right, I think it has the highest potential of all the Narnia stories to be an outstanding movie.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll get around to watching Prince Caspian in the next couple of weeks. (Rich ducks away.)