Sunday, August 30, 2009

All-time Favorite Realm Posts

Now that we’ve reached 400 posts, (Yay!) we’d like to take a little time to stop, smell the roses, and do something self-serving. The good news is that you get to help us realize this little narcissistic dream. (Yay again!).

We would like to put sidebar links to the all-time favorite Realm posts of all-time so that we can easily go back and as Tom Petty once put it, “revel in our abandon”.

Trouble is, (and I know this part is shocking) Rich and I can’t agree on which posts were the bestest of the best: the ones that were the most fun or the most meaningful, the most memorable or the cheesiest.

Pay attention now, because this is where your help will be very helpful. We want your opinions. We want you to choose.

Now I know you’re saying, “Wait a minute guys. Out of the 400 posts, I probably don’t have more than 263 of them memorized.” Well, that’s okey dokey, because we thought of that, and they don’t call us Potentates for nothin’.

We’ve picked a handful of candidates from the last 3 plus years and linked them below (in no particular order (unless alphabetical is particular)). Use this or the “Things We Tend to Bloviate About” topical index to jog back to the original post and refresh your memory. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and vote using the handy-dandy poll tool. IT’S THAT EASY.

And if some of your favorites are missing, just come back up to the comments section of this post and enter your write-in vote. We’ll add it to the poll just as soon as we can pull ourselves away from the excellent post assembly line.

Thanks and here’s to another 400 posts as great as these !!


An Open Letter Full of Tough Love (Intervention Attempt #2)
Changing Your Major
Cliches of the World
Dear, Dear Me (Intervention Attempt #1)
Do I Stand Alone On the Garden
Dream On
Gaining a Little Perspective
Giants in History
Good Cheese/ Bad Cheese – The 70’s
Haiku, Haiku Very Much
Happily Ever After
IV
Lately I’ve Been Moved
Legitimate Biblical Question #1
Life On Other Planets
More than you wanted to tell, but so what
Now as the Train Pulls Away
Offer
Poopy Doopy
Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head Blog Game
Red Checks
Redemption in Elizabethtown
Something or Nothing #3
Soul Mates for Dummies
The Psychology of The Sandlot
The Wisdom of Ben Wade
Thirteenismic
Top Ten Christmas Specials
Versus
What if I’m Paranoid and Right?
“What is That? A PEZ Dispenser?”

10 comments:

Rich said...

Tom Petty put it a lot of ways that befit Pearce & Story:

even the losers get lucky sometimes

it just seems so useless to have to work so hard, and nothing ever really seems to come from it

I'm an insider, I've been burned by the fire

runnin' down a dream, that never would come to me

someone gonna tell you lies, cut you down to size

you need eagles wings to get over things that make no sense in this world

God, it's so painful when something is so close, but still so far out of reach

somewhere, somehow, somebody must have kicked you around some

baby, nothing is guaranteed

a rebel without a clue

some say life, will beat you down, break your heart, steal your crown


and, of course, as pertaining to this vote:

the waiting is the hardest part

DougALug said...

Could any past be more well said than Red Checks? I submit to you that it could not.

It is a literary masterpiece.

-God Bless
Doug

Anonymous said...

some of these are pre Realm for me or BR. I'll need a bit of time a pot of coffee and a twix bar.

Milly

Rich said...

some of these are pre Realm for me or BR. I'll need a bit of time a pot of coffee and a twix bar.

And then, Milly, you'll pick the "right" ones. AGAIN, you can choose more than one (but you have to choose them all when you vote). We're going to put some of our better posts on the sidebar, and we're counting on you guys to help us out there.

I don't know who chose Soul Mates for Dummies, but I'll clobber the bum!!! (Joking, of course... sort of... I just can't see how that can be someone's "ONLY" favorite - but then, that's what makes us individuals, I suppose.)

DougALug said...

Rich,

My compadre, it was me! It is the posts that make that one one of my favorites.

-Doug

Rich said...

You mean the "comments" rather than the "posts"?

That's fair enough.

You could have picked more than one, however - not sure if you knew that - but probably can't after you hit the "VOTE" button. For instance, I might pick one, maybe two, of Ken's as a favorite because I feel sorry for him and two hundred of my classics (joking, obviously - because how could you just limit my great posts to a mere two hundred???).

DougALug said...

Indeed Rich, Indeed. I agree. I thought I could only pick one.

-Doug

Rich said...

Ken,

We should have added this one to the best of all-time. I'm writing it in right here.

Diabolical Genius said...

Thanks to all who voted (or voted twice). The poll will be closed in 36 minutes, but the comments here will still be open forever and ever.

Rich said...

So, I see you've added some posts to the sidebar - and I'm not going to really complain about which ones are there - you've done all the heavy lifting on that, so it's your world. BUT:

How is Poopy Doopy over there?

It wasn't votes.