Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Tick Tock

I'm not exactly sure when things are going to slow down here. This week, workwise and personal wise, is going to be a bear. I'm going to try to get a few posts in here and there. I know Ken, who has a more demanding job than I do, is always struggling for time.

I will say that he's made good progress on our latest novel. But work, personal life, and our writing all come at the expense of the blog. To be truthful, that's the way it needs to be.

As soon as I get a break in my time, I'll shoot off a post or two. I'm sure I have something relevant and thought-provoking up my sleeve. Maybe even something better than a post on sweets. Yesterday was a buzzard of a day. Today, I've got a work deadline at noon, and then another one by the end of the day. I'm also supposed to pick up the trophies and gift certificates for our basketball banquet sometime in the middle of everything. Tomorrow looks little better as I have to go to the dentist for my permanent caps on two teeth (silver now, you should see me smile), my son's soccer practice, and we have our Children's Writers' Critique Group meeting, with work in between. My boss is also leaving on Wednesday, leaving me in charge -- scary thought, I know -- on Wed-Fri. Thursday I have an appointment at 1:00 p.m. and, well, you get the point.

I'm sure everyone else's life is like this, too. Well, others may have less wear and tear on their teeth or have better oral hygiene in general (meaning they aren't eating Oreos for breakfast like I am). I just prefer to complain about it. But the clock's always ticking, and I'll just have to find a way to get to it all.

On the plus side, last night I got some good sleep, so I may have some late nights for writing and blogging coming. We'll see. Anyway, all this to say, you can probably expect some inconsistent blogging this week out of me. You might get the regular out of Ken -- and I'm not sure what that says.

As always, anyone who takes the time to read our blog, we do thank and appreciate. And isn't there a saying that goes: appreciation is best shown by money? If so, go ahead and forward those invoices, and we'll do our best to pay up.

No comments: