Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Ripping Posts from Thinklings / BHT

Over at Thinklings, Bill (De) posted on The Importance of Art taken from a piece Kent Runge wrote over at the Boar's Head Tavern. This was Kent's statement:

The arts (visual, music, literature) are what makes life worth living. They are the creative energy of God manifesting itself in the lives of His creatures. Through art we exhale the very breath that God Himself breathed into us to give us life. When we abandon art we abandon the part of our humanity that seeks to create what is good, what is pure, what is beautiful; when we fail to inculcate and fan the flame of art in our children we spiritually lobotomize entire generations.

I made my comment over at Thinklings, and I'm probably going to take my share of heat for what I think. Maybe I'll rethink after hearing what everyone else has to say. But for now, I've gotta get my kid to practice, and I'm (basket)ballin' tonight. So for now, I'm making like Sir Robin in Monty Python in the Holy Grail and saying, "Run Away! Run Away!"

What do you guys think about Kent's statement? You can comment here as always, but the Thinklings'd probably appreciate it if you dropped your thoughts over there.

No comments: